Some Marilyn Manson Scraps From the Road
February 16, 2001 The band may be overseas, but the news and hearsay continues ...
MARILYN MANSON JOINS OZZFEST
Marilyn Manson confirms they'll perform the main stage of Ozzfest before
headliners Black Sabbath take the stage. This marks the band's second outing
with the festival, having hooked-up with Ozzy & Co. during their first outing
in 1997. On that tour, New Jersey's Meadowland's Arena threatened to withhold
ticket sales unless Marilyn Manson was removed from the line-up, citing
something about "community standards of decency." With both Manson
and Osbourne threatening legal action, however, the venue backed down. Ozzfest 2001
kicks off June 8th at Chicago's World Theater.
MARILYN MANSON GRAMMY NOMINATION
Marilyn Manson is up for "Best Metal Performance" at the 43rd Annual
Grammy Awards with the song "Astonishing Panorama of the Endtimes." Tune in
next Wednesday, February 21st, to see if people will now address the man as
"Grammy-award winner Marilyn Manson." Others up for the category include
Pantera, Iron Maiden, the Deftones and Slipknot.
MANSON WINS NME'S BEST METAL ACT
Marilyn Manson won the "Best Metal Act" award from NME's annual Carling
Awards. The band beat out nominees At The Drive-In, Limp Bizkit, Queens of the Stone Age and Slipknot.
ON STAGE WITH EMINEM
Marilyn Manson met up with Eminem in Hamburg, Germany, joining him onstage
during Slim's "The Way I Am." About the performance, Eminem told MTV Europe: "The energy was crazy. He
just came out for that song, in the middle of the song. He sang the chorus
with me and the audience went nuts. He's a sick man; he's a sick individual.
I thought I was a little out there, but this man ... he is gone."
A BIG GOBSTOPPER IN THE WILLY WONKA RUMOR
Rumors went flying about Marilyn Manson taking on the role of Willy Wonka
-- so much so that both Warner Bros. Pictures, who are re-making the classic,
and Roald Dahl's estate were compelled to issue a statement denying the
hearsay erroneously reported in the London tabloid paper The Sun. While
Marilyn Manson said he admires the movie (Interview magazine, February 2001),
the jump to assign him the part has since been removed from The Sun's website.
The story also linked director Tim Burton to the film, though Gary Ross
("Big," "Pleasantville") is set to direct.
TWIGGY RAMIREZ NOMINATED FOR A GIBSON AWARD
Twiggy is nominated for an Orville H. Gibson Guitar Award as "Best
Bassist." Others up for the award include Sting, Flea (of the Red Hot Chili Peppers), Adam Clayton of U2 and Colin Greenwood of Radiohead. The Awards
will be held Monday, February 20th at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los
More Marilyn Manson:
- Marilyn Manson In Concert: Death, Destruction and Bouncing Butt Cheeks at the Hammerstein Ballroom, with live photos (Dec. 2000)
- Marilyn Manson Responds to Catholic League's Declaration of Boycott on the Band's New Album Holy Wood (Dec. 1, 2000)
- Marilyn Manson's Posthuman Record Label to Release Soundtrack to Book of Shadows Blair Witch 2 (Oct. 6, 2000)
- Manson on Bush, Gore and Eminem (Sept. 20, 2000)
- Interview: I Don't Hate Journalists, I Just Feel Better When They're Not Around (Sept. 2000)
- Marilyn Manson's New Posthuman Record Label Signs Its First Artist (May 18, 2000)
- Review of Live CD: The Last Tour on Earth (Dec 1999)
- MTV Southside Festival in Munich (July 1999)
- Baby Eating Is Bad Influence, Our Kids Need Balanced Diets (May 1999)
- Interview: The Hardest Working Antichrist in Hollywood (Sept. 1998)
- Book Signing: A Cold Night in Hell (Mar. 1998)
- Marilyn Manson at the CMJ Music Fest (Oct. 1997)
- Interview: Manson Talks About the Stage, the Screen and Teenage Suicide (Aug. 1997)
- My Date with Marilyn Manson (May 1997)
Send this page to a friend Join our mailing list Current stories Classifieds